Global Community Service Foundation, working with local partners, envisions empowered communities in Viet Nam and Myanmar where all people lead dignified and productive lives . . . where healthcare is accessible . . . where all children are entitled to good quality education . . . and where all community members acquire necessary skills to gain decent and well-paid work or pursue self-employment to adequately support their families.
- Helping Babies Breathe and Essential Care For Every Baby training mission is underway. Read Harriet Hawkins’ Saving Babies in Central Viet Nam blog to follow what is happening.
- Mobile library Children at Yaetan village and Maing Pyoe village in Myanmar read books and played geography games with Global Playground volunteers in April.
- Khe Sanh School and Library Books and furniture for the mobile library arrived March 7.
- Humanitarian assistance is been given to children from Eastern Namsan Villages, who have been displaced due to civil war. They are receiving shelter and basic supplies.
- Quang Tri Medical College Dedication of the eye care training program in Viet Nam with its first students admitted to the new eye care training program.