Global Community Service Foundation, working with local partners, envisions empowered communities in Viet Nam and Myanmar where all people lead dignified and productive lives . . . where healthcare is accessible . . . where all children are entitled to good quality education . . . and where all community members acquire necessary skills to gain decent and well-paid work or pursue self-employment to adequately support their families.
- Helping Babies Breathe and Essential Care For Every Baby training mission completed on May 5. Read Harriet Hawkins’ Saving Babies in Central Viet Nam blog to follow what happened day by day.
- Mobile library Children at Yaetan village and Maing Pyoe village in Myanmar read books and played geography games with Global Playground volunteers in April.
- Khe Sanh School and Library Books and furniture for the mobile library arrived March 7.
- Humanitarian assistance is been given to children from Eastern Namsan Villages, who have been displaced due to civil war. They are receiving shelter and basic supplies.
- Quang Tri Medical College Dedication of the eye care training program in Viet Nam with its first students admitted to the new eye care training program.